Just like everyone else I look back through the year and think about goals for the year!
I challenge myself to look back through the year, what did I do well and what can I work on. I do try to make goals lists, but I don’t always see them through. This blog challenge is all about goals, 1 Long-term goal & 5 short-term goals.
- Volunteer more, not by donating design/development time, giving money, or items. I’d really like to start giving an hour a two a week of my time to an organization, physical time. Cooking meals for the elderly, sorting food at the food bank, or even picking up food to donate.
- Writing things down, I’m notorious for forgetting anything and everything! I’ll add appointments to my calendar, and forget about them until the day of. I’ll tell someone I’ll do something, and if I don’t write myself a note I’ll forget. I have been getting better with writing down daily tasks, however, beyond that I’m the worst. If anyone has any recommendations for a great app that works with your iPhone and Alexa please send it over.
- Unplug for a couple hours, just turn my phone off and remove my appl watch for a couple hours. Don’t check social media for three hours, don’t stare at a computer screen, just unplug myself from electronics. When people say addiction to electronics is real, it really is! Ask anyone in my life and they’ll tell you my phone is like another limb. My watch, phone, and laptop are all connected, I never miss anything. However, I am bad at responding to texts I’ll read them, write a reply and just not hit send, sorry everyone.
- Take the 30 Day Waste Challenge, I have done this with friends, however, I ended up giving up halfway through. I’m very cautious about packaging, recycling, buy/using reusable items, no longer using plastic straws. But, I can be much better, like not buying drinks out, instead of taking my water bottle with me everywhere. For now, I’m going to take it one day at a time, and I will be taking the 30 Day Waste Challenge in 2019, so stay tuned.
- Read more, especially physical content. I have always loved to read; no matter the topic. The past couple years my reading has been condensed to blog articles, Pinterest topics, and bedtime stories for Zoie. My goal is to put the phone down in the evening and just read a book. Short term is to read 20 pages of a book in a day, long-term I’d like to read a book or two a month.
- My long-term goal is to take more time for myself & relax. My life is a continuous go-go-go from the time I wake up at 5 am until I lay down at night. Even during the night, I don’t sleep through the night I get up to do tasks, answer emails, a never-ending go-go-go. My long-term go is to learn to schedule me time, and not just my 2 hours a week with my therapists, but actual me. Unplug for a couple hours, don’t answer an email, ignore a slack message or two, and maybe even turn my phone off. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
Tell me, what about you, what are your goals? Or do you have any tips on how I can achieve my goals?