Granola bars & bites never seem to last long in our house!
Zoie & I will go through a box of granola bars in one sitting, yea I know probably not the healthiest. But, there are worst things to binge on!
Recently we started making our own granola bites for at home. Not only are they delicious, but they’re a fourth of the price! Kind Bars & Bare Naked bites are delicious, but they really do put a dent in your wallet.
Not only the price, but this is an activity Zoie & I can enjoy doing together. And we get to eat the reward, even better!
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Oven mitts
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Chocolate Cips
- 1/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Roast Coffee Grounds
- 1 Tablespoon Flax Seeds
- Combine rolled oats, dark roast coffee grounds & flax seeds in the large mixing bowl
- Set large mixing bowl to the side
- Combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips & coconut oil in the small mixing bowl
- Place small mixing bowl into the microwave for 45 seconds
- Remove small mixing bowl from the microwave with oven mitts
- Pour small mixing bowl contents into the large mixing bowl
- Stir with the rubber spatula
- Add in the rest of the chocolate chips, honey & peanut butter
- Continue stirring until you have an even mixture
- Pour contents onto the silicon baking mat
- Flatten contents & shape into a square
- Place in the freezer for one hour
- Break into pieces and enjoy
Let me know what you think of this recipe, and if you make it please share photos!