It’s that time of year again, the annoying gnat season! Get rid of them the easy, chemical free & cheap way!
Every year no matter how many times I clean the kitchen counters, keep food protected in containers our house somehow is invaded with pesky gnats!
I’m not a big fan of chemicals or spending a lot of money on anything! Of course, I took to Pinterest and found a contraption that took less than 5 minutes to create! Literally, takes no time at all!
- Empty Clean Plastic Bottle
- Honest Kids Juice Bottle works the best
- Single Hole Punch
- Stick, straw or kebob stick
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dish Soap
- Warm Water
- Rinse and dry plastic bottle
- Carefully, take the bottle and hold the bottom. Using the knife cut the 1/4 of the top half off of the bottle
- Set knife aside, in a secure location
- Turn the bottom half of the bottom upright (open cut end facing up) & the top half upside down (cap side down)
- Use the hole punch, punch holes on the left and right sides of the bottom and top half about 1/2 inch down.
- Set the top half to the side
- Combine 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of soap & 1/4 cup water in the bottom half of the bottle & swish around to stir
- Place top off of the bottle inside of the bottom, make sure you have removed the lid
- Align the holes and place the stick, straw or kabob stick into hold
- Place in location heavily populated with gnats
Make sure you rinse & clean once a week! You don’t want too many dead gnats and/or your trap growing anything.