I want to say I love detox baths, but really I hate them, I love the feeling after a detox bath!!
A detox bath is great time for relaxing & cleaning out your skin. The water with the detox mix cleans out the toxins your body has sucked up & then your body sucks up all the minerals from the mix.
Think of your skin as a giant sponge, you have soap, contaminated air, cleaning supplies, sweat, dirt, etc deep in your pores that need to be sweated & rinsed out.
James & I take a detox bath once a month. Just to get everything out & it’s very nice just sitting in a tub relaxing.
So you’ll need:
- 2 Cup Epsom Salt (I use lavender)
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 5 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
- Bathtub Full of Hot Water
- 2 16.9 Fl Oz bottles of water
- Drink 1 bottle of water, before bath
- Mix Epsom Salt, Baking Soda & grounds ginger
- Turn tub water on & pour in detox combination
- Lay in tub for 40 minutes & thru the bath drink the second bottle of water
- After 40 minutes rinse off with cold water
- Take the rest of the night easy & continue to drink water
Repeat every 30-60 days. Oh and you’ll sweat a lot your first time!! After that you’ll sweat a lot, but no where near as bad as your first time. Your skin will be cleaned out & with all the water you’ll be hydrated from sweating & you’ll wash out extra toxins inside.
I enjoy reading or Pinteresting durning my bath, just relax and enjoy it.