Today I decided to make a yummy Sunday Brunch. I made James four baked dippy eggs, three baked pieces of thick bacon and apple cinnamon french toast.
I hate cooking eggs, they smell funny and they are weird, but James love them. So usually I just make egg cups and the yolk is completely cooked. Just crack the eggs in a muffin cup, add pepper, bake for 25 minutes and then plop it between two slices of bread and you have a nice egg sandwich. Today I decided to make something new, dippy eggs, the same way. They turned out pretty well. Do the same thing, crack them in a muffin tin, add pepper, but only bake for 10 minutes. A perfect dippy egg with no mess!!
I always bake our bacon also, less grease and I don’t get grease splatter all over the kitchen. There are two different ways, one a broiler pan works amazing. The grease just goes down the holes and then you just put the pan in the dishwasher. If you’re cooking a lot of bacon, like I usually do I use a roaster with a removable rack. Just hang the bacon on the racks and then put it in the oven. If you like really crispy bacon then around 25-30 minutes on 425 works or if you’re like me and like floppy bacon then 10 minutes at 425 works well.
Now the biggest part of the meal Apple Cinnamon French Toast, which was really simple.
- 2 Small Organic Apples
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Pieces of Whole Grain Bread
- 5 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- In a glass baking dish combine eggs, milk, cinnamon (5 tablespoons) and brown sugar & mix until the brown sugar has dissolved
- Core apples, dice and throw in the baking dish (I left the skin on, it was nice and chewy)
- Cut or tear bread into small pieces and then throw in baking dish
- Stir all the ingredients and make sure the bread & apples are covered in the goo
- Sprinkle cinnamon (2 tablespoons) of cinnamon on top
- Place in the oven on 425 for 35 minutes
It was a pretty successful breakfast & James liked it.