I never realized how easy and cheap dishwasher tabs were to make!!
I’ve been looking at a lot of recipes Pinterest on how to make them, all common and cheap ingredients. So I decided to take ingredients and make my own & they work amazingly!!!
Thinks you’ll need
- 3 Cups Borax
- 3 Cups Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- Large Mixing Bowl (about 64 onunces)
- Mix Borax, Baking Soda and Kosher Salt together in bowl
- In another bowl mix together lemon juice and vinegar
- Slowly pour & mix the lemon juice and vinegar mixture into the Borax, Baking Soda and Salt mixture. WATCH you don’t add it in to fast, it will fizz a lot, just keep stirring!!
- Keep mixing until it’s like a sandy texture
- Then mold them into tablets, no bigger then about tablespoon size, remember they have to fit into the dishwasher cup. Some people put them in ice cub trays, especially the fun shaped ones from Ikea. I sometimes use a tablespoon, fill it and then flatten it with the back of a butter knife. But I found just molding them by hand is just as fine.
- Let them harden for 24 hours, if you make them to large then they will take longer to dry out
- Place them in a container and just sat them aside until you’re ready to use them.